9/22/11

Tell Me How to, How to Get, How to Get to Sesame Street!

 

           Yep, it was around even when I was a kid!  Sesame Street  was created back in the 1960's (believe it or not!) causing me to now wonder if it could be television’s longest running show (surely, it must be?)...hmmm...food for thought.  Anyway, in those days, there were only three television networks:  ABC, NBC, and CBS (and we walked to school in the snow—no, wait, that really happened!  Okay, okay, I only lived three blocks from school, but there was some serious snow-walking going on).  At any rate, Sesame Street  appeared on…well...one of those three networks when I was little, although I can't now recall which.  So, long before I started kindergarten, I was singing numbers along with the Count, and spelling words aloud with Big Bird, Bert, Ernie, Grover...and all the others.  One Christmas, I even received a stuffed green, scowling Oscar the Grouch (I cried!—I wanted Cookie Monster!) to hold onto while I watched and sang along.  This, I think, is my (and probably many folk’s) earliest memory of Technoliteracy. 

Sesame Street online: 
http://www.sesamestreet.org/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a 42 year-old wife, mother, and full-time college student. This December, I will graduate from Lamar University--(Go Cardinals!!!) 24 years after first beginning college in 1987! Returning to college after such a long hiatus has been one of the most amazing experiences of my life!